Ramapo Mountain Conditions

ajb

Rode the Wanaque Ridge trail (Orange) today and it's actually in pretty good shape. Only a few blow downs. The Indian Rock connector from Orange to Cannonball has a few as well. All in all better than I expected.

The last updated map:
thanks, Manny
If you need help with another TM session lmk

Manny,
If you can setup a work date for Ramapo, I will reach out to everyone on the E-mail list. Do you have someone to do chain saw work?
James

MannyL358

Manny,
If you can setup a work date for Ramapo, I will reach out to everyone on the E-mail list. Do you have someone to do chain saw work?
James
James I'm going to let Art call the next one since he's the only one with a chainsaw. I just emailed Ellen with the map and hopefully once they are done with RW they will schedule it for Ramapo.

All the blow-downs on the map are anywhere from 10" - 24"+ inches in size.

The two areas I would address if the powers that be would allow are finding a way around the 2 steep ATV fall lines. I hate having to hike-a-bike.

Yes , i know of the 2 spots your talking about and using the term hike a bike is putting it nicely :D , more like throw your bike over your shoulder and climb like a dog haha.

I remember going off course on the orange where blue and orange kind of run by each other up by the power lines . I ended up back by some little local spot by homes :hmmm:

as in the Ringwood thread.
Probably not a good idea unless you have a FATBIKE and I am curious to see how the FATBIKES handle that slush.
Snow hasn't melted and I dont think is hard/solid enough for a ride. Not a lot of foot traffic in Ramapo south of the lake, perhaps some traffic at the top.

I tried to ride my backyard and it wasnt fun, I cant imagine a good ride with NON FAT BIKE at Ramapo or Ringwood. Head south!

I did today and it was :getsome:

From Top of Skyline, Cannonball and Yellow headed towards Ringwood were great from 6:30 AM until 8:30, but you could see as the sun was warming up - it was going to get soft very soon. Not too many frost heaves, but they were there, and again, started to get soft towards 8:30.

It is supposed to get really cold tonight - hope the ground freezes up nice and solid. Any reports on where might be a good spot for a 7AM ride tomorrow before the temps get above 30? Soccer Field up? Top of Skyline?

MannyL358

Did a loop today and all the snow is gone. Anything above the lake for the most part is good. Lower Cannonball heading to the soccer field however is still a disaster. I’m not sure about the other side of Skyline Dr. heading into RW.